A Fun Run or Walk
- Dogs love to go on nice long walks, they just find the earth curious, sniffing and smelling people, post , trees and just about anything their nose find peculiar. If a dog goes on a exciting walk, you can be sure at some point he/she will relive that experience in a dream. You may just see your dog sleeping and doing excessive foot motion. Don't worry, your dog is just reliving past reality in his subconscious.
Burying a Special Bone or Item
- There are some dogs that just love to go hide their favorite bone or simply try to bury an item they think looks better covered by dirt. If you see your dog digging in his sleep, his dreams are about buying that special piece of item.
- What would a dog's dream be like without dreaming of gulping down some of his best dog food. Have you ever seen you dog sleeping and constantly licking his lips, and even salivating? Don't wake him, he is in his dreams chowing down, and guess what, he may just wake up with a full stomach which will save you on some dog food.
Running and Playing
- I can't tell you how many times i have seen my dog running in his sleep. It is either he is chasing a cat or simply running around and enjoying himself. One would also think that the dog is enjoying an alternative reality wear he gets to chase the mail man and give him a couple snips on the butt too.
- If you see your dog or any other dog for that matter sleeping and whimpering it is more likely the dog is reliving a bad time in his life. This could be a physical abuse, a time when the dog felt scared, owner leaving for work, or the dog may have been injured. Dogs use the same sounds to mean a variety of activities.
Unless your dog is in immediate danger, don't wake your dog if you suspect your dog is dreaming. Dreaming will not hurt your dog, just let him sleep it off and your dog should be up again in no time seeking something to chow on.