Causes Of Dog Vomit
You could have introduced a new dog food to your dog which as certain chemicals which may trigger negative effects on your dog. Naturally the dog's body will try to dispense this foreign substance from the system by vomiting.
This is normally caused by the rota virus in dogs. Symptoms of this will include; inflammation of the intestines and in severe cases, dysfunction in the intestinal walls and vomiting. The rotavirus is transmitted through contact with contaminated fecal matter. Some dogs will eat other dogs feces as well as their own.
Eating Rotting Food or Garbage
Not because the animal is a dog means that it's body is immune to disgusting things. Dogs that eat rotten food and garbage may develop viral infections in the stomach, this will also trigger your dog to vomit.
Many other illness are contributing factors to your dog vomiting, illnesses such as pancreatitis, liver and kidney disease, ulcers, inflammation of the animals bowel. Your dog will also throw up bile if he/she has not been fed for a good while and the stomach is filled with bile, it may be upsetting to the dog and hence trigger vomiting.
Types Of Dog Vomit
- I noticed one of my dogs was eating grass one day and that was nothing usual. Dogs will eat grass when they sometimes have an unsettled stomach. The next day she was on the porch and she began to throw up green vomit. It was filled with grass and green plant material. Although green vomit is often caused by mucous in the pet's body. but if your dog has eaten green houseplants or grass, he is likely to throw up green vomit.
- If you check and see a yellow foamy type of vomit, it may be a sign that the dog is vomiting bile. Bile can become irritating to the dog's stomach if the dog has been hungry for a long time. It will dispense this bile. .
Dog Vomit White Foamy
- This could be a result of your dog eating what he/she should not have eaten in the first place. This may include things like, rotting food, or ingesting a foreign object or dangerous toxins such as poison or insect sprays.
What To Do When Your Dog Vomits
- Ensure that the dog is given cool fresh water.
- Collect the vomit and have it tested.
- If the vomit is green, keep the animal away from household plants and trim your lawn.
- examine the dogs stomach area for any sort of swelling. If found, bring the animal to the vet immediately.
- If the dog is vomiting bile, provide the animal with small portions of food.
- Provide non-allergic food for your dog. (try raw food or semi-cooked meat for your dog)
- If the animal vomits 3 days in a row. Take it to the vet.
For simple cases, the vet may put the animal on a couple days of antibiotics and probably prescribe a change in diet for a while. If there are serious cases, it may require other actions to be undertaken by the vet.