As much as how we would love to see theses beautiful animals set free to roam in their natural habitat, we still cannot turn a blind eye on the ones that are owned by humans and what they are used for.
Farming And Transportation With Horses
Back in the 19th century before the mechanical revolution, when farms were to be plowed you would certainly find a horse or two in front of a pulley which was used to plow the land to plant seeds. Horses are strong and are capable of making some domestic task easier. So not only were horses and mules used to plow farms, they were generally used as a means of transportation. People rode horses or rode in wagons pulled by horses to travel great distances back in those days. The horse as really been domesticated for a very long time. Now since this new ere where everything is technology driven, you find that the use for horses has really dwindled. Tractors, and automobile have taken up where the hoses have left off. But don't think the horses have been left out the gate just yet. There are still hundreds of horse farms or stables as they call them throughout America, Europe and Asia today. These horses are bred for racing for sports, entertainment and making money.
Common Sports Which Uses Horses
So now that machines have taken over much of the work that horse used to do, horses are now bred for other purposes and one of such purpose is sports.
- This is one of the more common sport which requires the player to be mounted on top of a horse and try to wack a ball in his/her opponents goal.
- Well, this sport was played in medieval times when knights used to entertain the king, queen, princes and especially the princesses with their showmanship. Jousting required that the knight be fully armored from head to toe, be placed on a horse and given a lancer. Then both jousters ride from the opposite side and try to wack each other off their horses.
- Olympic equestrian sporting events of dressage, eventing, show jumping, and combined driving.
- Well, this sport involves how the horse looks and feels and the type of tricks your horse is able to accomplish. This sport test the rider and horses skill as it relates to maneuvering when ridden.
- One of the most popular sport which includes horses. Horses are lined up in starting gates with jockeys on top and race to a finish line . People bet on the winning horses, (first, second, and third) to make money.
New Age, Traditional Uses
Despite the advance in technology, there are certain groups in society who still love and acknowledge the old ways, meaning that they still use the horses as how they were used in the older days. Such groups to be considered are Amish and even some farmers in the United States.
People do naturally love horses and many people who have large amounts of land will acquire horses to simply enjoy evening rides or to patrol certain land terrain.
The Dog is not the only animal who have served in the law enforcement. Policemen and women have long been using horses to patrol suttle streets especially in Europe and not to mention chasing after a few bad guys.
Now you find that ponies are being sold and simply being used as pets. There are many children who own horses and ponies as pets.