Arachnids are very useful around the home as they eat all types of other bugs, some much worse than the spider you are so afraid of. Spiders eat; flies, scorpions, centipedes, did I mentions they eat flies? Flies are one of the most disgusting bugs and even though you may can live with a fly buzzing in your room, i can guarantee that that fly carries more germs than Germain. Even though spiders are cool, you do not want an arachnid infestation living in your home. Here I will give you 5 tips on how make inside your home spider free. (Sorry Spider-man)
Repair windows and screens and seal breaks and gaps around the house within and on the outside, it will keep creepy crawlers out. You can't have spiders finding holes and deep cracks in your home to find refuge or simple to use as a measure to enter in and out as if it is the landlord. Search for and seal any holes and cracks you may find in and around your home. A spider may live and breed in your home but goes out to catch food. If the spider has no place to hide or lay its eggs in your home and cannot use your home as its highway, it will eventually forget using your house as it's own find other areas where it is comfortable.
2. Hire a Bug Terminator.
Many people who are plagued with insects such as spiders and scorpions wait until they are bitten to do something about the insect infestation. It is best to at least once per year to hire an exterminator that will fortify your home bug free. The thing is that all insects have to eat, some eat leaves while others eat other insects and even their own kind. But if an insect cannot find abundant food at a certain location, they would not want to nest there. By hiring a terminator, you get rid of other bugs which the spider feeds on and forces the spider further out into the bushes to fend for food.
3. Don't Be a Hoarder.
One of the best things you can do to mitigate against spiders living in your home is to actually keep storage spaces clean and tidy. Ensure that you dispose of any cardboard boxes that you do not need. If you do need to keep some of those boxes, simply pull down the boxes and store them in large transparent plastic bags and keep that bag sealed. Boxes that you use as storage should always remain sealed with tapes at top, bottom and and places were a spider can sneak in. Another option would be to replace those cardboard boxes with plastic containers as cardboard can also be demolished by termites and other insects, creating areas for spiders to nest.
4. Get Rid Of The Spider Fortress Outside.
If you notice that you keep on finding a couple of spiders inside your home chances are that you may have a couple spiders that have built nest around your home. You will now need to go spider hunting and search for and dust away all the spider web that you see floating around near your home. Get yourself a duster that can be extended to high areas such as the corner of roofs and start getting rid of the network of webs you may just encounter. If the spiders are at good distance away from your home, you can just leave them alone as at this point, they may be in their natural habitat and is simple looking for bugs to eat.
5. Repel Outdoor Spiders with Eucalyptus Sprigs.
...Repel outdoor spiders with eucalyptus sprigs. Strong smelling species of the eucalyptus sprinkled around the perimeter of your dwelling will make your home much less attractive to spiders and eventually chase them away. Spiders simply hate the smell of this plant and would rather not have to tackle it by finding other areas to go sling their webs.
Other Ways To Lower the Risk of Spider Invasion
- What do spiders like to eat? Other bugs and insects, including other spiders. If you want to minimize spiders infesting your home you should try to keep those porch lights off as these lights are magnets to flying bugs and insects which of course are the main food source of the spider. When the lights on your porch keeps on all night a multitude of bugs will come running to it. The spider will observe this and simply decide to move up closer to where it sees an abundance of quick and easy meals. No light simply means much less bugs.
- One thing many people aren't aware of is that spiders hate salt and you can make a natural spider repellent using the common table salt, tap water and of course a spray bottle.
1. All spiders have 8 legs. They arthropods.
2. Antarctica is the only continent in the world where you can’t find spiders
3. They don’t have antenna which is what separates them from insects.
4. Female Spiders can lay up to 3000 eggs.
5. The Brazilian wandering spider or Banana spider, is the most poisonous of all Spiders.
Spider Tit Bits
One trick to eliminate spiders in your home is to also spray areas where other bugs fester. By eliminating these other bugs which are the food source of the spider, the chain reaction is that the spider will have to find that food source elsewhere and leave your house alone
The fear of spiders and even other insects makes them less attractive and less tolerable than say a lizard or dog. Spiders are great insects and no one should go out their way to harm any of them. You have the right to rid your home of any form of insect. But if you find that you can do that without actually destroying the animal i encourage you to do so. Spiders play a great role in the Eco-system which may just be too small for our big eyes to see.