The basic science behind cat climbing
- They don't know how to climb down backwards.
- They become scared of the height and will not risk jumping.
- The tree is not "branchy" enough and has no low hanging branches which makes it easier to jump to the ground.
- Something maybe down there which they are scared of such as a barking dog or unfamiliar people.
- They may seem stuck but may not be stuck at all. Cat may be just chilling and we think it is stuck. Give them some time.
What to Do If the Cat Is Stuck in the Tree
Well, it can be a simple process of getting the cat down or it can be a difficult and even dangerous one. If the cat is stuck and you are a adult and a good climber. You can take the risk and go get the animal yourself. If you do decide to take the risk and climb the tree, ensure that you have some sort of safety items such as a helmet, old bed or something to help cushion a fall. Call someone else as backup in case anything goes wrong. You do not decide to go get the animal yourself then you can do the following:
Call the local fire department
Whats the worst case scenario?
Well if you really need to know the truth right? If you ct gets stuck in a tall tree and decided to risk coming down and does so improperly he could fall and break a limb or worse. Once you know you cat is stuck in the tree, have your cellphone ready to call upon anyone who can assist. keep your eyes on your cat until help arrives.