Cats eat raw meat naturally.
Yes, your lovable cat that wraps her little paw around your hands and giving those tender meows is a savage hunter. Your feline friend comes from a strong line of predators and as such maintain that predatory instinct deep within them. I am certainly sure if you place your cat out in an environment where it will have to fend for itself it would not be looking at wheat, corn or carrots.
Raw Cat Food is Better For Health an Digestion
Your cat's body was made for digesting flesh and bones. It was not built like an omnivore like us humans. Their digestive system is designed to break down this raw meat easily and absorb all necessary nutriments from them. Making your cat much more healthier than simply feeding the animal dry food or some unhealthy chemical processed food.
What Should Be In Your Cat's Diet?
Cast are obligate carnivores, which means they hunt, kill and consume all their prey. The cats diet should have.
- Protein from meat or fish
- Amino acids like taurine and arginine (from meat or fish)
- Fatty acids
Raw Cat Food Recipe 1
- 2 kg [4.4 pounds] raw muscle meat with bones (chicken necks are mostly cartilage, are easy to chop and easy for the cat to digest) thighs and drumsticks or, better, a whole carcass of rabbit or chicken amounting to 2 kg; if you don't use a whole carcass, opt for dark meat like thighs and drumsticks from chicken or turkey)
- 400 grams [14 oz] raw heart, ideally from the same animal (if no heart is available, substitute with 4000 mg Taurine)
- 200 grams [7 oz] raw liver, ideally from the same animal (if you can't find appropriate liver, you can substitute 40,000 IU of Vitamin A and 1600 IU of Vitamin D--but try to use real liver instead of substitutes).
Raw Cat Food Recipe 2
- 16 oz [2 cups] water
- 4 raw egg yolks (use eggs from free-range, antibiotic-free chickens if you can)
- 4 capsules raw glandular supplement (such as, for example, "Raw Multiple Glandular" from Premier Labs)
- 4000 mg salmon oil
- 200 mg Vitamin B complex
- 800 IU Vitamin E ("dry E" works well) Buy Vitamin E in dry powder form. It's much easier to deal with than those little oil-filled capsules.
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 teaspoon of kelp and 1/4 teaspoon of dulse (1/2 teaspoon total) Try and get dulse and kelp in powder form that you can easily measure with a teaspoon rather than in capsule form. Taking apart those capsules is time consuming. If you can only find kelp in caplet form, you'll need to spend time crushing the caplets with a mortar and pestle.