- The reason why cats love to sit in front of their owners is the same reason a child would turn their back to their parent with a knife in their hand, it is called trust. Cats are quite peculiar and observant animals. It takes a while for a cat to trust his owner, especially if he adopted you as an adult cat. You probably became a trusted owner because you fed him, petted him and gave him a warm, soft place to sleep. Now he sits in front of you because he wants more of the nice stuff you have been doing for him. In turn, he provides you cuteness, beauty, purriness, and cat antics for you to enjoy.
- You cat is an attention seeker, him/her sitting in front of you staring in your eyes is simply your cat’s way of saying “Look at Me, I am down Here! You can now adore me.” They may want to be petted, brushed, picked up or just admired. They do not like being ignored. Cats are smart enough to figure out that they have to get in front of you to get your attention. If something else has your attention, the best way to get your attention on them instead the object is to block your access to it. So they lay down on your book or your computer.
- He needs more attention. Yes, attention, attention, attention. If for some strange reason you are not seeing enough of you cat and your cat not seeing enough of you, your cat will let you know by sitting in front of you and demand the attention it deserves. Pick up the cat and make your apology ASAP. Make things right!
- Never gave him enough Tuna. What? You never knew cats liked tuna? You can’t just get up and go make a delicious tuna sandwich for yourself and then sit in your favorite chair and go read “The 10 Nationalities of Peripat the Dog.” and don’t expect your cat to want to munch on some of that delicious tuna and find out what happened to his canine pal Peripat?
- You are being studied. Everyone knows cats are from the planet Catars and have simply come here on earth to study us humans and take our minds back to their cat planet to create slave owners who bend to their every purrs. Hey, but that is already happening here on Earth! Anyway, when your cats sits in front of you and sometimes stares you down, your mind is being downloaded.
Why Cats Love To Sit In front of Their Owners
Adventure Story for Cat Lovers
Train Your Cat Easily