What Your Pet Boarding Service Should Provide
Once you can afford to board your cat while on your business or vacation trip, you should ensure that your cat is left feeling comfortable. The cat kennels should be large open spaces with many things for the cat to do.
- Never board your cat in kennels that are clustered and frightening to the animal, especially if the cat is used to his own space.
- Ensure that kennels have advanced towers equipped with facilities that are able to resolve any medical issues which could arise at the kennel. You want to ensure that your cat is given the same and even better treatment as if he was at home with you.
- Consider where you board you cat. You don't want your cat boarding next to loud barking dogs. You want to ensure the are is in a safe and clean zone.
- Staff members experience is a must for me. I like people who are going to handle my pet to be experienced and professional. How can you be in the business of pet and not own one yourself? This is where you get your first hands on experience. But putting the life of your cat into a rookie is out of the question.
- What is the hygiene policy of the boarding facility? You should get everything on black and white. They must tell you how often is litter cleaned, where and what kind of food is given to the cat. How far is the cat feeding facility to the potty area, things like that.
- Will your cat be allowed to play daily with his favorite cat toy you will leave with him? or is it an island prison sort of boarding facility?
Leave All Special Instructions With The Boarding Facility
There are some cats which may need some kind of special attention, whether it be medical, diet or simply movement. Pet owners must pay attention to your cat special needs when choosing a boarding facility. Will the facility offer this type of special care that your cat needs? Always ensure that whichever facility you choose, it should be of the best interest of you cat and not really a choice based on pocket.