To Ward Off Animals/Humans
Dogs will bark to ward off any animal or person it believes poses a threat to it's own territory. Yes, anywhere your dog lives it considers that area to be its own and you living with him. So not because the friendly mailman is a nice guy who ensures that you get your mail on time, the dog sees him as passing the boundary and will bark. Your dog will bark at other dogs passing or even those next door. They will bark at vermin and other pets such as cats that passes in close or nose proximity.
Dogs Bark When Playing
Dogs in a playful state will vocalise that happiness by barking. Your dog will run, jump, catch the frisbee and will not remain a mime when doing this. Some dogs will bark much more than others though.
Dogs Bark as a Call for Attention
How else will your dog get your attention other that with a few barks. If the dog whines you will believe the animal is injured or ill. But when the dog barks and indicates that it wants you to follow him/her then the objective of your dog is attained.
Dogs Bark Because The are in Aggression
Some dogs were poorly bred. They were brought up to fight and love the taste of blood. These dogs are often chained or kept locked up all the time and develop mental and very aggressive issues. They tend to bark almost at any and everything.
One of the most common complaint some god owners and the neighbor of dog owners is that some dogs are just at it the entire night barking and keeping the entire neighborhood up. Night time continuous barking by dogs is often caused by the dog is having run in with critters and other dogs. It could also be that the dog is scared of something and needs your attention. So what do you as the dog owner will do to stop your dog's annoying barks? Here are a few pointers.
Check The Animal
- Some dog owners simply pull the sheets over their head and reinforce it with he pillow to zone out the barking. But ignoring a problem and praying for it to go away is no solution. Check with the animal to see if the animal is OK Physically.
Block Out What The Dog is Barking At
- Sometimes when you check your dog you will notice the canine looking in a particular direction while barking. If the area is not lit or lighting is dim. Get a light to shine in that area to see what it is. It could be a wild animal or worst, an intruder.
Move the Dog to An Area with No Disturbances
- So let us say you have a fence where your dog can see stray dogs running up and down the streets or you neighbors dog running a muck in the yard. Your dog will join in the up and down activities by running and barking at or with the other dogs. Remove the barking influence and the barking will stop,
Ignore The Dog if the Barks are Spoilt Ones
- If your dog barks at you to get your attention for everything such as petting, food, cuddles, and everything else. You may have to begin ignoring these kind of barks until your canine understands that barking will not always give her what she wants.
Get a Bark Suppressor
- Sometimes technology works wonders. Dogs will bark and make a lot of noise at nights when stray dogs come bundling at your gate. The best thing today us use a dog bark suppressor to get rid of the stray dogs and stop all barking immediately.
Teach Your Dog a Quiet Command
- Yes, it is a real command and it works for well trained dogs. Once your dog understand to obey this command, you will have no trouble with excessive dog barking.
- So what do you think, you are too good to go barking beside the animal. Try kneeling down beside your canine and begin to bark beside the animal. He may just stop and look at you in a peculiar way and simply go lay down wondering why his owner has gone coo coo.
Play Soothing Sounds
- If your dog is one with anxiety issues and barks at your room door because of separation. You can start by playing soothing anti-anxiety sounds such as the falling of rain and many more to calm your dogs nerves.
To stop annoying dog barks may take multiple approaches. It is good to find out first why the animal does the excessive barking and work from that root cause. Remember also that barking is a character of the dog. They will bark, so you cannot get your dog to stop barking altogether, but if the barking is excessive and bothers you or your neighbors. It is your duty to ensure that this annoying barking desist.