As much as some people believe that Dogs and humans are made up totally different, the fact is that all living mammals share many same characteristics, at least health wise. All living organisms need some sort of diet and nutrition to keep them healthy and alive. Humans have been taking fish oil supplements for a very long time and it has proven to be effective health wise. Fish oil is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which have tremendous health benefits to humans and dogs as well. Some health benefits include:
Findings show omega-3 fatty acids may help to:
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce triglycerides
- Slow the development of plaque in the arteries
- Reduce the chance of abnormal heart rhythm
- Reduce the likelihood of heart attack and stroke
- Lessen the chance of sudden cardiac death in people with hear
Fish oil can be obtained from eating fish or by taking supplements. Fish that are especially rich in the beneficial oils known as omega-3 fatty acids include mackerel, tuna, salmon, sturgeon, mullet, bluefish, anchovy, sardines, herring, trout, and menhaden. They provide about 1 gram of omega-3 fatty acids in about 3.5 ounces of fish.
Fish Oil Benefits for Dogs Include
Healthy skin & glistening coat
- We all like to see our dogs with nice shiny coat, well fish oil can help to give your dog back that nice fresh shiny look you love.
- Fish oil allows the dogs skin to be much more healthier and thus reduces the chances of inflammation.
- So you believe your dog lacks a little energy and stamina? well just begin to add fish oil to your dog diet and watch him move!
Improved the immune system
- Every dog owner would love if their dogs immune system was 100 percent. The fish oil with omega 3 fatty acids help to boost your dog health by notching up it immune system.
- It not only gives your dog nice shiny coat, but it decreases shedding buy strengthening the coat to decrease hair breakage.
Increases your Dog's Appetite
- Fish oil can simply be used to increase your dog's appetite by sprinkling oil on your dogs dry foods, the fish smell and flavor makes the dog simply cant resist eating.
So if you don't want to feed your dog the fish to obtain these added benefits, the oil is just as good. So get a fish oil and make your dog happy again.