The World Health Organization in their reports have no cases of the Covid-19 infecting domesticated animals such as cats, dogs, pigs, cows etc. Scientist have no proof that this strain of the Corona can infect pets. But this doesn’t mean that pet owners should not take the same precaution as they would for themselves in protecting from the Virus. If for some reason your dog or cat comes across someone infected with the Virus. They may have to be subjected to the same kind of quarantine to ensure that they have not become infected. If by some means the animal becomes infected with Covid-19, they will have to be treated with drugs as the human do.
One dog in Hong Kong apparently tested “weak positive” for exposure to COVID-19, but Dr. Jerry Klein, Chief Veterinary Officer for the AKC, says, “The CDC has not reported any cases of pets or other animals becoming infected with COVID-19 in the United States or anywhere else in the world, including hotbeds like Italy.” Dr. Klein urges common sense best practices when it comes to our pets: “If you have children, you wouldn’t have them touch a puppy and put their fingers in their mouth, because they can have fecal contamination,” he says. “The general practice of washing our hands after touching a puppy or a dog—that’s normal hygiene.”
- Dog and cat owners need to just simply follow basic hygiene guides to protect their pets and themselves. This includes washing of the hand before or after contact with the animal.
- Ensure that when you dispose of dog poop, where protective gloves and proper breathing apparatus. Wipe your pet paws before they enter your home with paw cleaners.
- Avoid your dog licking your hands and face. If you must insist your dog licks your hand or any other part of your body, ensure hands and face are properly sterilized.
- Don’t let your dog dig up and eat trash from your can or any other garbage can as this may contain disposed medical items and spoiled meats.
- Don’t make your dog or cat look silly in a face mask which you believe will protect them from the Covid 10 because it won’t.
- If at any time you believe that your dog or cat is infected with any type of Corona Virus, speak to your local vet right away for professional advice. Your pet will need you just as you need it.
- Don't spray your dog or cat with any kind of chemical which kills Human Corona Virus. It may have a negative reaction to your dog.
- Always keep your pets immune system up by feeding it good home made foods.
Sterilize your dogs paws and protect your pet from the latest disease with Pogi Dog and Cat Grooming Wipes.