- 1lb corn meal
- 1lb chicken scraps (fat, bones, meat)
- 1 can mixed vegetable
- 1/2 sachet coconut powder or 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon rich coconut oil
Preparation - Cooked on low flame
- Heat frying pan and add coconut oil; ensure the coconut oil is spread across the surface of the frying pan.
- Add chicken scraps to frying pan and stir fry for at least 20 min, you can also add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Pour three cups of water on frying chicken scraps and stir.
- pour coconut milk in frying pan and stir
- Pour the cornmeal into the frying pan and ensure that the cornmeal is dispersed evenly until there is no dry meal spotted in the pan. leave the cornmeal to cook on low flame for at least 25 minutes.
- if the meal seems to be drying and not yet cooked, add some more 1/2 cup water or coconut milk to pot.
- Once the meal is cooked, pour in mixed vegetable and stir evenly.
- allow to cook for 1 minute.
- Allow food to properly cool before serving
You can get the coconut milk and cornmeal from links:
Calories - 370
Total Fat 1.8 g
Saturated fat 0.2 g
Polyunsaturated fat 0.6 g
Mono-unsaturated fat 0.3 g
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7 mg
Potassium 142 mg
Total Carbohydrate 79 g
Dietary fiber 3.9 g
Sugar 1.6 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A - 4%
Vitamin C - 0%
Calcium - 0%
Vitamin D - 0%
Vitamin B-6- 10%
Vitamin B-12 - 0%