- Rotten Food
- Stomach Infection
- Getting a hold and eating foreign substances such as pills left on table.
If you knew what may have caused the dog to be experiencing running belly, it would be good. As this may allow you to treat the animal more effectively. However if you are unsure you can do a few minor things to treat the dogs diarrhea. But if you had changed your dog's feed from his/her original brand or type food and you notice this development in your dog. Simply stop feeding the animal the new food and revert to the original brand.
So What Should You do If Your Dog Has Diarrhea
- Stop Feeding The Dog for at least 24 Hrs
- Ensure that the dog keeps hydrated
- Boil a few mint leaves, ensure it is mild and give your dog to drink.
- When introducing foods after the 24 Hours, do it in small parcels.
- Do not give the dog it's usual food
- Give the dog bland of food such as chicken and rice, turkey and potatoes
- Give the bland of food to the dog for up to 2-3 days until stool becomes hard
- Monitor your dog's progress daily
- If diarrhea persist after 3 days of doing the above. Consult Your Vet.