- Chicken akin and fat
- Cut up chicken fat
- Place about 1 tablespoon of margarine into cooking pan
- Add the chicken fat to the sizzling pan
- Cook fat for at least 10 minutes
- Pour 3 cups of water into pan with fat
- Add about 2 cups of cornmeal
- Stir until cornmeal is blended with fat and there is no dry meal exposed
- Close pan and let the cornmeal cook for at least 20-25 minutes on slow flame
- Add water if the cornmeal dries out too quickly
- Let the cornmeal cool for at least another hour before dishing.
You have just created a very delicious meal for your dog with some items which you would have discarded (chicken skin and fat). You can make plenty of frugal dog foods by simply saving discarded meat parts and then later preparing them later for your dog. And these frugal foods are much healthier than dried dog foods.