- Corn meal - about one(1) pounds will do
- Meat scraps of any kind – I used Pork skin, chicken skin, sardine and sausages.
- Margarine – 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Water – About 2 cups
- Heat pan for approximately 2-3 minutes under low flame.
- Add cooking oil and ensure that the oil reaches all the bottom of the pan.
- Add meat scraps. (slice sausages)
- Stir fry for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the water into the meat scraps and stir on low flame
- Add margarine and stir until margarine melts and disperses
- Pour in cornmeal and gently stir until all the cornmeal is wet and no dry meal can be seen. If the cornmeal seems a bit dry, just gently add a bit more water until no dry meal is seen. Stir on low flame.
- Cook for approximately 15-20 minutes. This cook time will allow the cornmeal to properly cook and allow juices from the meat to blend in nicely with the meal.
Cornmeal holds heat and you must ensure that the frugal dog homemade dog food id properly cooled before serving it to your canine. Watch your dog chow down and be happy. Ensure that your dog has plenty of water after this dish. Even though this home remedy dog recipe may not cost a penny to make. It is still an healthy treat for your Dog which relies on a good diet of protein to keep him fit and healthy.
Now you are able to feed your dog from simple left over meats and cornmeal. Saves quite a bit on dog food for the frugal liver.