You will need to open your dogs mouth and use a flashlight to see down your dogs throat to see if he has any foreign object stuck anywhere down there. Check to see if there are any signs of cut, blood or swellings. If you see any foreign object I would advice you to not try and pry out the object if you are unsure how deep the object is embedded as you may end up hurting the dog even more. a vet visit is necessary.
Verify That Your Dog can Swallow
Give your dog some fresh water and see how he reacts to it. If he refuses the water then give him a few doggy treats and observe how he swallows. if he cries out or whimpers when swallowing you know he is in pain and will probably need to see a vet right away. If he chows down the food you can handle the situation a bit more mildly.
Here is what you will need and what you need to do.
- Get two pegs of garlic
- Three tablespoons of honey
- Cut up the garlic and to 1/2 liter boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Pour out garlic water and set to cool.
- Add three tablespoons of honey and stir.
Honey is a medical marvel with its many beneficial properties which includes:
- Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal.
- Reduce cough and throat irritation.
- Prevent cancer and heart disease. Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
Pour into your dogs water bowl and watch him sup it up. He will drink it because of the sweet honey taste. Give the dog this for the most 3-4 days. If you do not see any improvement, just visit the vet.