What You Need To Know Before Making Dog Food
Despite how cute and cuddly some dogs are, they are not herbivores. They were born to eat meat. That is what nature intended them to have, no cereal, no wheat, but meat. So with that said, lets look at percentage stock when preparing home made dog food.
- 2/3 Ingredients Should Be Protein. (Chicken, Beef, etc)
- 1/3 Ingredient Should be Grain. (noodle, cornmeal, rice, etc)
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 1 Lbs Cornmeal
- 2 Cups coconut milk
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- Slice up chicken breast and season with a little salt
- Have your frying pan ready to saute your chicken breast
- Add the olive/vegetable oil to the pan and saute breast for about 10 minutes
- Slowly add the coconut milk to the saute chicken .
- Add the cornmeal to the chicken and coconut mix and stir at low flame
- Ensure that the all the cornmeal is covered in milk
- Place the cover on your frying pan and allow the meal to cook on low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Stir the meal every five minutes to ensure that all the cornmeal is properly cooked.
- NOTE:Cornmeal retains heat and should be allows to properly cool before giving it to your dog.
- Pour your home made dog food into the dogs bowl and watch him enjoy the meal.