- Before you go out picking up fancy leaches that you will engrave your Dog's name on, you must first weigh you dog. Knowing the right weight of your dog is very important as that factor will help to determine how strong a leash you will need.
- Stop! don't go choking your Dog. The next important step is to ensure that you measure your dogs neck size. One mistake many owners make is that when they measure their Dog neck size, they tend to stop at the fir that goes around the dog's neck instead of actually measuring the neck of the dog. This mistake often leads to dog owners buying lager leash for their dogs which eventually don't fit properly. Each Dog Leash comes in different sizes from extra small for the Chihuahuas to the extra-large for the Siberian huskies.
- Choose the material of the Dog Leash. The type of material chosen for your Dog's leash is also very important. If you have large or heavy Dogs, it is highly recommended to choose a leash made of genuine leather, as this material is very strong and less likely to tear or break when controlling your big or heavy dog. PVC Leather is not really a bad choice, its just more suitable for small to medium sized dogs and comes at a cheaper price. If you have a budget constraint than do consider other options.
- People like to look great in whatever they wear, many of us are fashion maniacs and tend to flash the latest and most eye catching wears. Just as how you like to look fabulous, so does your dog. Dog leash fashion is at its extreme right now, they come in plain colors as well as bright neon colors. The patterns that are available is also amazing. You have the option of choosing studded, embroidered or with beads. This is depends on your choice. Normally when owners go out to seek fashionable leashes, they pick those which actually match the characteristics of the Dog. You may not find a Chihuahua wearing spiked studded leashes or a rottweiler in a tiny pink power-puff leash. Remember, when getting a fashionable leash, you are not the one wearing it, think Dog!
- Once you have the weight of your dog and the neck size the remaining factors really depend on your choice, style you may be interested. This in most cases in limited by the budget you have set aside for the dog leash. So make sure you have a budget put aside of how much you want to spend on a dog leash. But do remember, the more you spend now on quality, the less frequently you will need to replace the leash.
Choosing a dog leash is not difficult, but choosing the right one is important. Not every dog leash is suitable for every dog. So make sure you get your dogs weight, neck size, fix a budget you can afford and than accordingly chose the quality and style of dog leash that will keep your dog happy and safe. Happy leash shopping.