What you will need to make your own dog food.
- Meat Grinder
- Meat Preservative
Rosemary Extract is a Natural Meat Preservative.
Rosemary extract is made from the distillation of rosemary leaves and is a powerful preservative. Its anti-microbial composition contains carnosic and rosmaranic acid, antioxidants that act as shields to decay. The Phytochemical Database supervised by Dr. James Duke from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, states that rosemary has over 24 antioxidants that have a longer life span of activity than most other types of antioxidants.
The main ingredient to put in any dog food is meat right, so we can use meats which a dog would naturally hunt in the wild. Get meats such as chicken, turkey, duck, rabbit, sheep, beef, etc. Ensure that the meats you get are boneless meats as bones should never be fed with dog food at the same time.
- Coconut Oil
- Get around 5 pounds of meat.
- Cut and boil meat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove meat from pan and let it dry for about 10 minutes.
- Run meat through the meat grinder.
- Add about 5 teaspoons per of rosemary extract per pound of meat
- Add a little salt to flavor
- Add two tablespoon of coconut oil
- Mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Roll grounded meat into tiny balls just like the conventional dog food
- Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes
- Allow to cool and dry for an additional hour.
This process may take some time, time which many dog owners do not have. But at least you actually know what is in the food you feed your dog and have the peace of mind that your dog is eating healthy and natural.