Reasons Why Dog Wags Tail
- This is the number one reason why your dog wags its tail. If you are a dog owner and have noticed how your dog reacts, you would observe the wagging of the tail and when it is mostly wagged. Dogs wag their tail when they are excited and are expecting something. That something could be the anticipation of dinner poring in their bowls or the anticipation of their owner arriving home from work.
- Yes, dogs do anticipate and when they do you will see them staring and wagging their tales waiting for that meal to be poured in their bowl or the cat to come screaming down from the tree they chased up there this afternoon.
- Your dog will wag its tail simply because it is feeling loved by you its owner or another dog. Many dogs will wag their tail when they are being petted because petting feels good and either makes them relaxed or excited.
- Sometimes you may notice your dog observing something new or probably stumbles upon a wondering crab in the back yard. Your dog will cautiously approach the never seen before species with slight wagging of the tail. This is just the dog's curiosity and cautiousness kicking in.
- if your dog is around other dogs or different animals such as cats. It may wag it's tale as a sign that it may be friendly and open for interaction. But you must always notice your dog's body language and stance around other dogs and smaller pets. A wagging tail could also mean your dog is scared and don;t want to socialize and all other animals should keep away.