- First thing you should do is check your dogs mouth to ensure that all is well inside. Look if there are any tooth that may be rotting or chipped. Check the tongue and gum line for any lesions or swellings. If possible, look deep into the dogs throat to see if the back of the throat has any other color that red. But seeing red in the dogs throat doesn't necessary mean that everything is OK there. Dogs can have a sore throat too.
- Gently feel all over your dogs body and slightly push on stomach or any other soft area to see if your dog is experiencing any internal pains within this area. You can cut down the vet check list by finding anything out of norm with your dog and informing the vet.
Need To Know illness
Many people forget that certain medication may trigger certain symptoms also. Dd the dog recently get a vaccination and is having a fever. Vaccines are known to cause this. Is your dog currently under any medication? If so consult the vet about the side effects of these medication. Have you introduced anything new into your dog's diet such as vitamins? Always check to see if there are any side effects of these items. It could be that your dog metabolism just does not agree with these items. Your dog could also be experiencing internal problems such as liver problems or bowel problems.
Depression in Dogs
Some dogs actually go through doggy depression. Depression can be caused from separation anxiety. Ill treatment of the animal, dog has been scared by other dogs or person. The depression will cause your dog to lack lust and may become quite picky when eating over the period of which the depression last. Many dogs will most likely don't eat when they go through this process.
Bring Your Dog To The Vet
If you notice after two or three days your dog does not pick up on it's eating habits and still only eats a few scraps from the bowl, the next move is to bring in the dog to the vet and let the expert diagnose the situation. Do not sit around too long until the problem escalates. Your dog used to munch down and now he has stopped. This is a sure sign of some illness
What Not To Do
- Do not run to the pet store and buy vitamins and start giving them to your dog or any form of appetite booster until you are given the clear by your vet. Yo could be making the situation worst.
- Do not run to the pet store and purchase a different brand of dog food thing it must be the food. If your dog was chowing down fine on the previous brand, a change in liking of food would not come abrupt.
- Do Not wait too long before visiting the vet. This could have dier consequences.