This is one main reason why dogs may sigh. After a long day or couple hours of running a muck in the backyard, barking at ants and birds and trying to jump at the 500 feet in the air airplane. The dogs will get tired and will probably find their favorite spot to go relax. But before they settle into that relaxation mode, look out for that sigh, it may come before relaxing or while they set in.
2. Stressed Out
Dogs will sigh when they feel stressed out. So how do dogs get stressed? Well, in many ways than you think.
- Your dog may stress if it is not feeling in the best of health and in itself knows something is wrong and simply fed-up in being that way.
- Your dog will stress if you just got up one morning and simply changed his food he is used to and hates the new one. you will get a couple sighs from him.
- Your dog will stress if it feels neglected and hurt and lacking attention.
- Your dog will stress if he is spoilt and simply not getting his own way. Yeah, not getting his own way will give off a few sighs of frustration.
Dogs are mammals like me and you, well , sometimes I believe I am from another plat of a different species but that too is a story for another time. Your dog may just be trying to do something and it is just not working out for him. And after several failed attempts he gets frustrated, run to his favorite spot and sighs. So what would the dog be trying to do? How about trying to keep the ball from rolling down the slope. Trying to get to the bag of dog food on the top shelf. You know, doggy things.
4. Sigh of Happiness and Contentment
Not all dog sighs are bad dog sighs. Your dog will simply sigh out of gladness that he is contented. He is fed, cared for, has a roof over his head and a wonderful owner or family which simply loves him. Sigh! how beautiful.
5. Exhaling and Simply Relaxing
Have you ever slumped back in a nice soft snugly chair and just sighed because of how comfy and relaxed you are? Well it is the same for dogs. Dogs will sigh when they feel comfortable and relaxed as well. Especially if they have their own snugly doggy bed to relax in.
So those are the reasons why dogs may sigh, if you know of any other, just mention it in the comments, au revoir!